Data Privacy Notice
Chrome Capital Ltd, t/a Chrome Capital and Mortgage Approval
18 Fitzwilliam Square South
Updated: May 2018
This is the privacy notice of Chrome Capital Ltd and tells you what we use your personal information for and explains your rights around how we use it. Please read this Privacy Notice to understand how and why we use your personal information. If you give us personal information about someone else, please make sure you have their permission and make them aware of this Privacy Notice, as it also applies to them.
Chrome Capital Ltd complies with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 and the Irish Data Protection Act 2018. Should you have any queries, please contact Emmet Graham.
Collection and use of Personal Data
We use personal information to arrange transactions on your behalf as agreed with you, to service our customers, assist with claims and the payment of plan benefits. We must have a lawful basis to collect and use personal information.
* Needed For Your Contract:
We need to collect and use your personal information to provide your plan contract. This includes, but is not limited to, your name, date of birth, contact and bank account details. Depending on the plan type this can include health, employment, pension and salary information. We restrict access to, and use of, any sensitive personal information. We also create new personal information.
Personal information needed for plan contracts is held and used to;
* process your mortgage application or life insurance plan;
* set up and issue your plan;
* set up and issue your mortgage
* provide you with information about your mortgage or plan;
* to help the administration of your plan and assist with the payment of your plan benefits;
* provide customer care and service; and
* contact you to inform you of any relevant actions you may need to take.
* Required By Law:
We use your personal information to comply with law and regulations such as;
* reporting to regulators;
* keeping proper books and records; and
We carry out internal reporting, quality checking, compliance controls and audits to help meet these obligations.
We must collect certain personal information to comply with Anti-Money Laundering law. This depends on your plan type. To do this, we use your name, date of birth, address, nationality and occupation information.
* Up to date proof of identification and address.
* Screening of all customers against Financial Sanctions and Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) lists.
* Where needed we carry out searches of publicly available information
You must give us your tax residence information and tax identification number for tax reporting with product producers. In order to give you information and updates on your plan, we use your plan and contact details. We use our customer personal information, including yours, to identify the target market for our regulated services.
In order to receive financial advice from us, you must give personal and financial information for your current and future needs to be assessed. This enables us to recommend the most suitable financial product for you. This also involves creating new and assumed personal information about you. We complete an analysis of you using your personal information to comply with regulations. When you give us your personal information we will check to see if we already have a record of you. This helps us to comply with your Data Protection Rights.
We use your personal information for our legitimate interests as shown below. This doesn’t affect your privacy rights. We believe these uses benefit our customers. You can contact us if you have any questions using the above contact details of this Privacy Notice.
* Statistical Analysis
* We combine and group personal information for analysis to help us understand our customers and develop better services for you.
* We use summary information to help promote our services and products from our product providers.
You need to give consent for us to collect and use personal information classed as sensitive or for certain uses of your personal information. You are given the choice to provide consent, or not. When we collect your consent, we will explain what we need it for and how you can change your mind in the future.
* Direct Marketing:
- We would like to be able to contact you about offers and services from across our group of companies, separately from your plan communications. We will only send you direct marketing content where we have your consent. When you use our web site you can consent to third party advertising. This shows you our ads where you have visited our website before or visited other websites offering similar products and services.
* Sharing with Other Companies with whom we have business arrangements
- We believe it may help you if we know whether you have products and services provided by other companies or if other services may be of interest to you. We will use this to provide you with additional services with your consent.
Consent and How to Withdraw Consent
If we process your personal information based on consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. The opt-out methods will depend on how the consent was collected and will be explained when you give us your consent, e.g. you can change your mind using the opt-out link in any direct marketing emails sent to you.
You will also be able to withdraw consent by contacting us directly.
How and Where do we get your Personal Information
We also create new personal information about you based on information you have given us and through your interactions with us such as noting your online preferences.
* Right to Correct and Update
You can ask us to correct and update personal information we hold about you. Your plans are long term contracts and to provide you with the best service it is important we have your up to date personal information, such as contact details.
* Right to Delete and Be Forgotten
You can have your personal information deleted if it is incorrect or has been processed unfairly or unlawfully. If you have withdrawn consent you can ask for your personal information to be deleted. We will keep a record of your request so we know why your personal information was deleted. If we have provided a regulated product or service to you, we must keep your personal information for a minimum period by law.
* Right to Portability
You can ask for a copy of all personal information that you gave us (including through your interactions with us), and which we hold in an automated format. You can receive this in a machine-readable format that allows you to keep it. You may also request us to send this personal information in a machine-readable format to another company. The format will depend on our ability to provide this in a secure way that protects your personal information. We will not likely be able to use a copy of your personal information sent to us in this way from another company. This is because we can only collect personal information that we need. We also need your most up to date personal information for underwriting and to comply with regulations.
* Right to Access
You have the right to know what personal information we hold about you and to receive a copy of your personal information. We must tell you:
* why we hold it;
* who we pass it to, including whether we transfer it outside the EU;
* how long we keep it for;
* where we got it from; and
* if we carried out any automated-decisions, and if so, the logic behind it and what it means for you.
This right does not allow you to access personal information about anyone else. To access your personal information please write to us using the contact details in this Privacy Notice. To help us respond as quickly as possible please let us know if you are only looking for copies of specific personal information.
Terms and Conditions
Access to our Web Site and the use of its information is ruled by the following terms and conditions. By proceeding you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Any references to "we" relate to Discount insurance.ie, our subsidiaries and associate companies.
Discount insurance.ie is owned by Chrome Capital which is regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland as a Multi-Agency Intermediary and a Mortgage Intermediary.
1. This web site is established in Ireland in accordance with the laws of Ireland and is governed by Irish law. By using the web site, it is deemed you accept that your use of the web site and any information on it, will also be governed by Irish law and if any claim or dispute arises from your use of the web site or any of the information on it, you agree that the Irish courts have exclusive jurisdiction.
2. Information about some of the products and services on this web site may be subject to specific restrictions concerning the persons to whom such information may be made available.
3. The information on the web site is provided in good faith, taken from industry, trade and other sources believed to be reliable. Although we have made all reasonable efforts to ensure that the information on the site is accurate at the time of inclusion, we do not recommend that it should be relied upon as such.
4. The information contained in this web site is for information purposes only. Whilst every care has been taken in their preparation we do not make any warranties or representations as to their completeness, accuracy or reliability of the contents of this Site. We neither accept nor assume any responsibility to you in relation to the contents of this Site.
5. The information contained in this web site should not be relied upon to enter into any investment or property purchase decision either by placing a deposit or going to auction on the basis of this information.
6. Be aware that the sending of information via e-mail over the Internet may not be secure and can be intercepted by third parties or incorrectly delivered.
7. There are some links on our web site to web sites not operated or maintained by us. We will not be liable in any way for the content, availability or use of such linked web sites and you use such links entirely at your own risk.
8. Access to and use of this web site is at your own risk. We do not represent or warrant that the use of this web site or any information accessed from it will not cause damage to property, including but not limited to loss of data or computer virus infection. In no event do we accept liability of any description including liability for negligence for any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits arising out of or in connection with the access, use or performance of this web site or any its contents.
9. The contents of the web site, including these terms and conditions, are subject to change by us without prior notification. Information may be updated from time to time and may at times be out of date. We accept no responsibility for keeping the information in this web site current or liability for any failure to do so.
10. The information contained within the web site, our logos and trademarks may not be copied, transmitted or reproduced without written permission.